This 1 day workshop offers specialty training to experienced clinical coders in the processes and terminology relating to the classification of gastroenterology medicine.
In this workshop you will:
- understand the differences between sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy and which category to use in different circumstances.
- develop knowledge in gastrointestinal terminology;
- review key national standards for diseases of the digestive system and interventions on the GI tract;
- apply coding skills using authentic endoscopy reports; and
- view video animations of ERCP, colonoscopy and gastroscopy procedures and discuss code combinations for these interventions.