On this 2 day workshop learners will further develop their knowledge and skills on the classification of diagnoses and procedures associated with the general surgery specialty.
In this workshop you will:
- debate correct code assignment for freeing of peritoneal adhesions;
- participate in a group review focussed on the classification of stoma surgery in the 'colostomy clinic' activity;
- apply national standards in coding skin procedures;
- view video animations of hernia repair, gastric banding, colectomy, colonoscopy, gastroscopy, cholecystectomy and capsule endoscopy procedures and discuss code combinations for these interventions;
- demonstrate coding skills using authentic endoscopy reports;
- identify national standards for classifying post-operative complications; and
- review national standards in coding injuries and associated external causes utilising a card-matching exercise.