This 3 day workshop is aimed at experienced Coders who have a limited knowledge in the field of Obstetrics and would like the opportunity to learn more or Coders familiar with the specialty who would like to confirm correct application of the standards.
In this workshop you will:
- reaffirm understanding of clinical terminology relating to abortions via a card-matching activity;
- apply national standards to authentic electronic discharge notifications and obstetric proformas extracted from EuroKing;
- interpret clinical annotations and apply national standards whilst reviewing complex maternity and neonatal casenotes;
- work with fellow learners to create a wallchart of perinatal national standards; and
- debate frequently asked questions and take away a comprehensive guide to use in the workplace.